Friday, May 8, 2009

San Diego Wild Animal Park

IMG_5890

I went to the Wild Animal Park last weekend for a friend's birthday! It was fun and I love that place. We got a year pass- seemed very cost effective to get a dual pass since it was $10 off and only a little bit more money than if you bought two single-day passes. Plus, you get to go to the SD Zoo with the pass as well which makes me happy.

Don't ask me why the Wild Animal Park has an enormous yellow balloon, but they do. This is also one of my favorite photos from the trip!

I love the Wild Animal Park, because I've always felt like that's how zoos should all be. The animals have so much room to live in, they have plains and they can socialize and interact with other species like in real life. Tiny cages in zoos make me so sad, but I love to see the animals.

IMG_5923

This guy was really asking to have his picture taken. Who am I to say no? He's very pretty.

IMG_5915

My camera has no zoom whatsoever (I'm about to get a super-awesome-mega-DSLR though!) so this is the best shot I could get of the lionesses sitting on the jeep. Aww.

2 comments:

Meekiyu said...

man I haven't been to the zoo in like forever... wow lioness on the jeep I hope the owner doesn't come back any time soon... for some reason that yellow balloon reminds me of taht song.. "99 red balloons" i think that's what it was called. =o

Stacey said...

It is the ideal "zoo" for sure.
Going up in the big yellow balloon gives you quite a magnificent view...I went up once with some relatives from out of town. :)