Thursday, March 5, 2009

Huntington Beach Kite Party

IMG_5801.JPG

Look at my awesome shark kite! I got it at last year's kite party. Huntington Beach is a little bit far from me, but I went to the yearly kite party last weekend anyway because it's fun to see so many interesting kites in the air, and because I am happiest in the sun. My shark kite is the best part, but when I went into the kite store I saw.... a HOT PINK shark kite. I felt a little bit outdone, due to its obvious excess of awesome. But I didn't buy it because mine is still awesome.


IMG_5772.JPG

This is my boyfriend's stunt kite. It is really hard to fly. Everytime I try, it immediately flies top-speed into the sand. But this year I started to be able to fly it for more than .5 seconds. But of course, the second I looked away and exclaimed to everyone "LOOK IT'S STILL IN THE AIR!" It immediately buried itself in the sand. But it's still fun to try!

IMG_5767.JPG

These are some other kites. My favorite is the octopus. Last year's favorite was a pair of pants with a soccer ball. Before we noticed the little soccer ball, we were really confused. Also last year there was a lot of synchronized kite flying with stunt kites, which was cool to watch and seemed really hard to do.

IMG_5800.JPG

This poor dog was chasing that ball endlessly, as two dudes (on either side of the photo) played catch and didn't let the dog get the ball.

It was fun & I should go to the beach more often :)

4 comments:

Laura said...

How fun! And you got a beautiful day to boot.

Meekiyu said...

lolol hot pink shark... the octopus is awesome! At first i thought this was Huntington in NY but i realized its probably in Cali. When i visited Cali we stopped by the beaches and its sooo cool!

My Dear Darling said...

Those are awesome pictures! My husband's from HB and we never knew a Kite Party existed! :D

Baroness Bijoutery said...

I love to go watch the Kite Flying..the first time I went was when we were living in Japan. Those are really some fantastic kites there....