Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Fun Game: LittleBigPlanet

All the gamers out there have probably already gotten excited about/bought/played this PS3 game awhile ago, but anyone who hasn't yet should definitely try it. I just got my hands on a copy of this recently, and it is really fun.

IMG_5758.JPG

For me though, what makes it so fun to play is the creativity in the style and graphics. This is, of course, coming from someone who buys stuff in the grocery store almost solely on how the packaging looks, so beware! (Actually though, I'm usually right.) Anyway, the graphics in this game are so cute and handmade looking.

Plus it appeals to me because of the fact that one of the main objectives is to find and collect stickers and outfits and things like that. When you get a sticker, you can stick it on anything in the game--even your character's own face. I accidently figured that out by stamping a picture of a shoe on my boyfriend's character... then he started frantically searching to see if there's a "clean my character" button, which, fortunately, there is.

IMG_5760.JPG

There's a whole part of the game where you can actually build whole levels (type "Little big planet" into youtube to see some of the amazing levels people have made with this game, including some funny stylized versions of Mario and more) but I haven't really played around with that enough to figure it out yet!

In the picture above, you can see my little character, dressed up like a cat with pink sunglasses. Just like my cat in real life! And you can also sorta see my boyfriend's character, the little purple dude with the blue helmet in the corner, stamping leaves all over the house. :)

1 comment:

Baroness Bijoutery said...

I'm past video games but from the pictures you have the graphics are great...