Monday, March 2, 2009

Clifton's Cafeteria

IMG_5740.JPG

Last weekend I wanted to surprise my boyfriend with a trip to a restaurant called Clifton's that I'd heard about while at work (I work at a downtown LA newspaper). So we went downtown for brunch on our way down to San Diego, and I wasn't totally sure what to expect because the photos on their website are photoshopped a little to look pretty and antiqued, so I couldn't really tell if it was outdoors or indoors. I did know to expect awesomeness, however. And I was right! The whole restaurant was dressed up like an outdoor woodsy scene with such detail it kind of felt like disneyland. It looks normal from outside, so once we opened the door, my boyfriend had such a surprised look on his face. The food was really good but not as good as the decor, except for the cherry pie which was really really good.

Later on, my mom mentioned that she used to go there as a kid with her mom, and they had a big treasure chest full of toys back then (basically, best thing ever if you're 5!) but I don't think it's there anymore.

IMG_5746.JPG
I love this bear.

IMG_5743.JPG

IMG_5742.JPG

More woodsyness.

If you're in the downtown LA area and haven't been there, I definitely recommend checking it out. :)

2 comments:

Baroness Bijoutery said...

Love the photos...looks like a great place to go. The decor is fantastic...

Meekiyu said...

wow that place is awesome I sure wish i heard about it when I was in California last summer. =D!