Monday, March 9, 2009

Balboa Park, LA

On the weekend I visited Balboa Park because I heard rumors of cherry blossoms...
IMG_5822.JPG

And it was true! The cherry blossoms were so pretty, and I had fun with my camera's macro setting. I tried to get a picture with a bee in it, but the bees kept flying at me instead of holding still and so I had to run away.

And there were remote control boats in the lake! I wanted to try, but it was like a big deal and they had a whole area roped off just for the boat guys.

IMG_5808.JPG

And here are the boat guys. I like how they all have a little boat stand... you can sorta see them at this size or you can also click photo to see larger on flickr.

IMG_5809.JPG

This sign is super cute--"Ramp is for baby ducks." And you can sorta see their little ramp right behind that sign. I guess they can't get up the curb without it so they have to know where their ramp is. Aww.

IMG_5836.JPG

And of course, no trip to Balboa Park is complete without the obligatory cute dog photo. I think the guy said he was a husky/australian shepherd mix, soo cute. I also saw a teeny chihuahua baby that I couldn't get a good picture of because my camera has no actual zoom, only "digital zoom" which doesn't really zoom, it just pixellates! Hopefully sometime this year I can get a more serious camera :)

IMG_5834.JPG

Now I want to visit the Balboa Park in San Diego, which is the famous one. But it seems like many cities in CA have their own Balboa Parks!

3 comments:

Meekiyu said...

those are certainly some beautiful pictures... I've never seen those remote boats before well except on t.v. The duck ramp is so cute as is for the doggy. =D

Baroness Bijoutery said...

You have cherry blossoms and we get more snow...wish I had the cherry blossoms..Your pictures were just great. Thank you for sharing these...

Alexis said...

Thanks, I'm happy you enjoyed them!

Meekiyu-- I know, but I wish I could have seen baby duckies going up the ramp! I guess they were all too busy having fun swimming.

Baroness-- I want snow! I love our warm weather here, but I love snow too and it's sad that it won't ever snow here. Bah! The grass is always greener, isn't it.