Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Holiday gifts I'm getting for people I like!

I thought a mini-gift guide would be fun here, since I'm trying to do most of my holiday gift shopping on etsy.

For my parents, I got each of them a sketch/writing book like this one below. She made me 2 custom books and they are each a little different, one has a pinecone piece closing mechanism and the other is more like the one pictured. They're beautiful and I can't wait to give them to my parents! They arrived wrapped beautifully too but I peeked & then put it back carefully. :)


by lacunawork

I also got them moose pancake mix from the Gene Autry museum here in LA, it says "just add beer," and I can't tell if it's a joke or not... it could work! I think it's gonna be awesome either way.

For my sister, I maybe went a little overboard... I got her this:

by JacquelineKnits

and this:

By CypressInk

And also the moose pancakes, and an old western framed fruit crate label plaque-thing from the Autry museum as well.

For my mom for her birthday, (yep, it's almost at the same time as christmas, as is mine, since I was born on her birthday!)I got this:



by KrissColorStripes.
Such lovely colors!! It's still in the mail, and I seriously cannot wait to see all the other pages. I want one for me too!

Aaaand, I got these for me. Yes, for christmas. Be quiet!! Here it is:


by Labelstone.

For my boyfriend, since he is a technerd, just wanted a GPS and some shirts from thinkgeek, so that's what he's getting :). I'm just gonna link them here in case somebody also is a nerd like us: Star Trek shirt, battlestar caprica city shirt, %20 shirt, i can has bukkit shirt.

And I think most everyone else is gonna get a card-- I'm about to make gingerbread bear cards (gingerbear!) tomorrow or the next day, and they are gonna be supercute, so I'll link those when I'm done but in the meantime I also love these partridge cards... and now they seem to be sold out! But the shop has other great ones, and maybe they would make more partridge ones.

Ok, hope this was helpful! I love etsy for the ridiculously endless choices... Soon I want to post about the gifts I almost got people but didn't, because some of the things I ended up not getting are just as cool as what I did get, but again, etsy's endlessness... it's hard to pick sometimes!


2 comments:

umlauf said...

super gift ideas.. love the ship-embellished scarf!

Melissa said...

Great gifts! I'm doing my shopping in Etsy as well. Hooray for handmade treasures.